CY8CKIT-049-42xx not available in target hardware list

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just installed PSoC Creator 3.3 SP1. When I try to create a new project, starting from scratch, CY8CKIT-049-42xx is not part of the target hardware list. I only get several CYBLE modules. A configuration problem?

Beware: I'm a newbie...

Pascal

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The CY8CKIT-049 is a board, not a chip. You may (if you haven't already) install the kit files. Then you'll find on the start page example projects for your kit.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The CY8CKIT-049 is a board, not a chip. You may (if you haven't already) install the kit files. Then you'll find on the start page example projects for your kit.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Thanks for your answer. My question was more about the New project wizard. After latest PSoC Creator installation I performed, CY8CKIT-049-42xx is not present in the list of targets:

[here, I embedded a screenshot, but didn't find a way to make it visible. I'm a newbie for the forum as well 🙂 So I added it as an attached file as well.]

It was listed after an installation I performed on another PC... So, I'm wondering why there is such a difference. Could be that my latest install relies on 3.3 SP1?

Pascal

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Pascal: you need to install each one of the kits so they appear in Psoc Creator under example projects on the start page. When I am writing a program for the CY8CKIT -049-42xx I just select the 4200 family from the list.   
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

In the New Project dialog you are presented all your installed kits only. An installation on another PC does not install your kit files and examples. Try to install from this website the Kit file.

Embedded pictures doesn't work, but attaching does.

Bob

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

bobgoar, Bob: got it. I installed the kit files, and now everything's OK. Thanks a lot!

Pascal.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Pascal: One more thing you need to check the schematic to insure that the pins don't have capacitors and other device in the design.  You can find the schematic's in your windows dir C:/programsx86/Cypress/CY8CKIT-049-42XX/hardware.