cyfxuartlpregmode project: How can I view it by CyControl?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

I try to use 'cyfxuartlpregmode' project for CYUSB3014 (it is in SDK folder, path is like here: "...\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxuartlpregmode"). Project is compiled fine and I download img-file into device. But I can not see this device after downloading in 'CyControl' application or anywhere.
So, what can I do to make UART in this project as EndPoints (IN-OUT) for manage this device by 'CyControl' application? How can I view UART-device on host for transmission and receiving any user data?

Thanks in advance for any response!
Regards,
Evgeniy

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Evgeniy,

The Project you are referring to does not configures USB Endpoints. It is just a UART loopback example which loops back the data received on the UART. You can use a USB-UART cable (if you are using an FX3 development kit) or a USB to micro USB cable (if you are using an superspeed explorer kit) and use any standard application like Tera Term to verify the loop back functionality.

If you want the FX3 to enumerate as a virtual COM port, then use the cyfxusbuart example project in the same location. This project enables FX3 to enumerate as a virtualCOM port and you can use any standard application like Tera Term.

- Dhritiman 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using an FX3 superspeed explorer kit I download the uartlpregmode img . but I can't get any thing from the tera term when I input the key. I can get some message from other demos. so the uart should be ok. How can i fix this?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dhritiman,

Thank you for answer.
My 'ideal' project must be complicated than simple UART. I want to make project which contains two parts: GPIF-32bits and UART (look at "ideal_project.png").
Now I have a good GPIF-project. But I can not find project like this image "uart_project.png".
Virtual COM port (based on cyfxusbuart project) is good too. When I try to download image from cyfxusbuart into CYUSB3014 without any changes, I see "FX3?" icon in task manager on Windows 7 (x64). Perhaps additional driver is required for it? Where can I find it? And how can I combine these two parts (GPIF-32 and Virtual-COM) in one fx3-project? What can I read about this?

Thanks in advance for any response!
Regards,
Evgeniy

P.S.: I have not FX3 development kit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Evgeniy,

Download the CypressDriverInstaller from here : (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit)

Please create a Technical support Case with the details.

Dhritiman

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dhritiman,

Thank you for answers!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As with Liu Wei Post above I have tried cyfxuartlpregmode, cyfxuartlpdmamode, and cyfxusbuart examples with the denebola development kit, and had no data received or transmitted via the RS232 UART. I have also tested the UART using the boot API and this works OK the hardware is fine, it would appear your example serial API is failing within your library. Could you please verify this issue, as my client would like a serial interface. I also have created a code example using the function CyU3PUartTransmitBytes, during debug it reports that it sent the data, but nothing appears. Please help, Dave

0 Likes