68013a _ifclk _external

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want the ifclk generated by the FPGA , then I set the IFCONFIG=0x03, CPUCS=0x12 in void TD_Init( void ), but the chip cy7c68013A can't work when I download slave.hex first and download FPGA code second.When I download FPGA code first and download slave.hex second,the chip 68013a can work properly.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an expected behaviour. If you plan to use external IFclk then the clock should be available before the FX2LP state machine is started. So if you program the slave first and the FPGA later, then this will cause a problem similar to one you are seeing. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.As you know,if I download the slave.iic to the EEPROM and download the FPGA code to the EPCS4,then I power up my board.Then how can I make sure that the slave first and the FPGA later? I have  refered to the file named AN61345,but it does't work.Could you give me some advices.Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Initially configure FX2LP for internal clock in TD_INIT. After the FPGA is up, toggle a GPIO and use that signal to change the clock source from internal to external.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for you reply!

I have solved this problem as you say.

thank you.

0 Likes