FX3 CYUSB3014 Loading Firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I need help in getting start with the USB 3.0 FX3 Controller (CYUSB3014-BZXI). Information about the Kit EZ-USB® FX3™ tells that I can connect the Kit board to my development PC using a SuperSpeed port for load the firmware into FX3 RAM (Getting Started with EZ-USB® FX3™, page 20). Picture on page 21 shows that I can configure I2C EEPROM and SPI FLASH same method. Is that enough to use the FX3 controller in the SyncSlaveFIFO interface with the FPGA and configure the FPGA Artix-7 from the USB 3.0 connector?

My doubts lie in the fact that the schematic and the other documentations on this Kit contain a micro-B USB connector on the same Kit board "for Integrated Debugger". I dont know yet what is that mean, but affraid that I cant load the firmware into the CYUSB3014-BZXI and so cant use my design in the SyncSlaveFIFO interface with the FPGA in 16 bit mode without using additional USB-Serial bridge controller CY7C65215 and additional micro-B USB connector.

Or I should not have worried? And this micro-B USB is surplus for additional debug during operation?

Additionally, if I can use only a connector USB 3.0 to configure the FX3 controller and I2C EEPROM with "Cypress EZ USB Suite" for further download only from the I2C EEPROM without USB 3.0 connection?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

You only require the kit which has the FX3 board and the USB 3.0 Type A to B connector to download the firmware on to the FX3. This includes downloading in to RAM/EEPROM/FLASH(whatever it may have). The Micro B connector you are referring to is for UART debugging and has nothing to do with the firmware download process.

- Dhritiman

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, good man!

0 Likes