Bootloader using USBUART Doesn't Work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want use the USBUART and Bootloadable modules together.  Using both modules as their default settings I select USBUART as the Communication component in the Bootloader General tab.  I then select OK and build.  I get the following message:

"The selected Bootloader IO component is not correctly configured for use with the Bootloader. ..."  It then goes on to say it must use EP1 OUT INT and EP2 IN INT.   But changing the USBUART endpoints to match this makes the CDC drivers not load on the Host.

Has anyone got this working or does it just not work with the USBUART?

For those who wonder why I don't use USB HID (which does work), I'm using the USBUART in the bootloadable project and want to use the same USB interface for firmware uploading as well so that 2 sets of drivers do not need to be installed for my device.

PSoC Creator 3.3 with PSoC5 CY8C5888LTI-LP097

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Since, there is no USB_UART bootloader existing, you need to choose "custom IO interface in Bootloader component. 
Please refer to the attached sample project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Since, there is no USB_UART bootloader existing, you need to choose "custom IO interface in Bootloader component. 
Please refer to the attached sample project.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you upload the sample project.

I use your sample project for bootloader, and

It is succeed to update psoc firmware with Bootloader Host tool(include PSoc Creator)

But, When I change latest USBUART component (ver 3.0 ) , I can not build.

Please teach me way of error workaround. Thank you.

error log : implicit declaration of function 'CyGetUniqueId' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

Build error: undefined reference to `CyGetUniqueId'

My Development Environment : 

PSoC Creator  3.3 SP1 (3.3.0.7343)

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000

device:CY8C5267AXI-LP051

0 Likes