Enable Watchdog in PSoC4 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
PascalS
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I try to enable a watchdog timer to reset my application in an error case after 1s (I don't need any WDOG interrupt / just the reset). How can I realize this requirement?

1. How to enable the WDOG timer

2. How to setup the refresh time?

I attached a simple example.

Thanks in advance!

Pascal

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can refer to WDT Example Projects (File -> Code Example -> PSoC 4200 BLE -> Watchdog_PSoC4_Example and WDT_P4_Example) to see how WDT can be configured for Reset. You need to clear the interrupt before the timeout occurs to prevent WDT from resetting the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can refer to WDT Example Projects (File -> Code Example -> PSoC 4200 BLE -> Watchdog_PSoC4_Example and WDT_P4_Example) to see how WDT can be configured for Reset. You need to clear the interrupt before the timeout occurs to prevent WDT from resetting the device.

0 Likes

Before I wrote this comment, I tried to figure out where to configure the reset time and how to use just the WDT-reset without any interrupt. But both of these examples use a WDT_isr (why?) and it's not clear where I can configure my reset time. I'm searching for:

1. WDT enable function

2. WDT refresh function

3. WDT configure function for reset time

Do I really need to configure an isr to use the WDT??

Thanks!

Pascal

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Take a look at the cy_lfclk datasheet. You can open this easily within PSoC Creator: In the workspace explorer, click on the tab "Datasheets" and you'll find it under "System Reference Guides" 🙂

PascalS
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Thanks, I solved the problem right now!

0 Likes