PSoC Creator 3.3 Trojan Virus issues

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just upgraded to PSoC Creator 3.3, and am having issues to get it to run properly.

Essentially, my antivirus software is detecting a Trojan virus (or behaviour similar to one) in psoc_creator.exe every time I try and run it, and is basically shutting the software down and wanting to disinfect it.

I've allowed my PC to disinfect, then reboot, and it seems to remove a bunch of registery entries.  When I boot back up and try and run PSoC creator 3.3, it reinstalls it and the same issue arises.

Any one else having this issue?

Is there a chance the download of Creator 3.3 is infected somehow?

Anywhere I can get hold of Creator 3.2?

Cheers,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Mike what version of windows are you running? I have had no issues with it . I am running windows 10 and I have no issues with it. It is best practices to disable the virus program while you install any program.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Mike what version of windows are you running? I have had no issues with it . I am running windows 10 and I have no issues with it. It is best practices to disable the virus program while you install any program.   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Mike one other thing do a search In the cypress search box for past editions of Psoc Creator.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. It *seems* to be happening when I try to program a part, but not always.

I'm using Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10, and disabling isn't an option (corporate policy settings won't let me).

The objectionable behavior is some kind of connection being routed to eloqua.com:

http://s2027939159.t.eloqua.com/visitor/v200/svrGP?pps=3&siteid2027939159&ref2=elqNone&tzo=420&ms=38...

It may well be that this is some kind of data aggregation put in place by Cypress; if so, not cool.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's the symptoms I am seeing - it appears that the issue arises only when I attempt to program a part, and I seem to have it running successfully for hours, then it kicks up a stink again.  I've gotten around it by turning my internet security off, but that means I have to be disconnected from the web, etc whenever I'm running PSoC Creator - not an ideal solution but the only one I have been able to find at the moment.

I'm also running Kaspersky, but I've got the standard Internet Security 2015 version and as its a personal PC, I can do whatever I want 🙂

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@UptownMaker

I would strongly suggest you to create a support case on that issue. Because this is a developer forum Cypress may not get informed about every thread.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done and done. It's bombing really often; I basically can't use the program at this point.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC Creator displays its "start page" window directly from an HTML page on www.cypress.com, so that this page can be updated for all PSoC Creator users as needed. However, pages on www.cypress.com recently began including some new analytics tags (like the problematic Eloqua one) by default.

The Cypress web team has fixed this problem by removing the Eloqua tags from the online PSoC Creator start page - so you shouldn't see this issue inside PSoC Creator anymore.

If you do run into any future problems related to the PSoC Creator start page, you can turn off its display at Creator startup as follows:

• In Creator go to the Tools->Options menu. This will display the Options dialog.
  •     
  • Select the Environment section. Uncheck the "Show Start Page at startup" checkbox.
  •    

Hope this helps...!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info John.  Unfortunately it's not solved the issue for me.  I'm still getting the problem occuring, and it seems to be most prevalent whenever I start a new Project or Workspace.  Kaspersky will detect something that it thinks is a Trojan virus, usually when I go to build or program a chip, and it then deletes the psoc_creator.exe file and forces a reboot of my PC.

My work around at the moment is to go off-line and then disable Kaspersky, which is not ideal.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just rehashing this, as I've just upgraded to a new Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 and guess what...PSOC Creator 4.0 is now showing the same symptoms.

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this and how to get around it?

0 Likes