PSoC 5 LP:Questions about multiple waves generation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I am working on a project that needs to generate multiple sine waves at the same time to drive a tweeter. The background is that I would like to convert an image into sound waves. Each pixel is going to be designed a specific sine wave with its specific amplitude and frequency.If I would like to convert an image in 64x64 resolution, the amount of sine waves I need to generate is 4096. 

Here comes the question, I have looked up a technical document about waveform generation by using WaveDAC8 but the closet example project was actually adding two different sine waves together by using two DAC in parallel. I know its impossible to add thousands of sine waves by using thousands of DACs in PSoC 5 LP. Thus I looked into the limitation of WaveDAC and the result was that I could generate 4 waves at maximum at the same time. An application engineer suggested me to program an algorithm to add those thousands of sine waves together before feeding them into a DMA,then use the DMA channel to transfer the final result to a WaveDAC8.Is this feasible?

If it is feasible, can anyone help me further or share me related technical documents? I have no idea how to add those sine waves before feeding them into a DMA in coding and how can I set the WaveDAC by then. What I can do so far is creating a table of amplitudes and a table of frequencies that corresponding to image pixels through MATLAB coding.

Many thanks!

Lingo 

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Please, when you have a new question ask in a new thread. Don't hijack completely unrelated threads, nobody will suspect your question there. (And for your question, reading about the timer and the ISR components might help)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

It does not really help when you post the same question to multiple, unrelateds forums (your question is neither a "known problem" nor is it related to "device programming").

Answer should be handled here: http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-5-architecture/questions-waveform-generation-psoc-5-lp

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,I had no clue about the category at that time.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am working in PSOC5lp and also very new in this area. My dubt is when i tried to scroll the on board LCD message, it was running very fast.So how can i control the display like to visible scrolling. Anyone please help me. 

LCD_Char_WriteControl(0x18)

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Please, when you have a new question ask in a new thread. Don't hijack completely unrelated threads, nobody will suspect your question there. (And for your question, reading about the timer and the ISR components might help)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your valuable answer....

0 Likes