Wondering: Are logic gates on design surface being optimized?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaJa_1553636
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

I find myself drawing logic gates that follow my line of thinking and hopefully reflect the purpose of the logic itself (labeling nets).

Looking at the result it is obvious that this does not result in an optimal circuit.

Will Creator apply boolean algebra to simplify/optimize the actual logic that is programmed in the PSoC chip?

Thanx, Marc.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Will Creator apply boolean algebra to simplify/optimize the actual logic Clear answer: Yes

The optimization the fitter applies are so strong that even a whole bunch of logic and components might get optimized out when you forget to connect them to a pin, thus not using the gates.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Will Creator apply boolean algebra to simplify/optimize the actual logic Clear answer: Yes

The optimization the fitter applies are so strong that even a whole bunch of logic and components might get optimized out when you forget to connect them to a pin, thus not using the gates.

Bob

0 Likes
MaJa_1553636
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Good to know, thanx!

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

obiwanjacobi,

I believe that optimization relies on project->build settings, if no optimization selected, no gates re-arrangement will take place.

see discussion in former thread:

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-creator-software/creating-50nsec-delay-psoc3-logic-cells

0 Likes