Soft AP or config AP doesn't show up.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2173276
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi!

I'm using a config AP as a way to set up credentials to join a specifc AP. Just like snip/config_mode. The problem I have is that the config AP doesn't show up when I scan for Wi-Fi networks on various devices. snip/config_mode behaves the same (doesn't show up). The example snip/APSTA works which lead me to try to join a specific AP first then start the config AP and I could find and connect to the config AP. Now is it only possible to get a config AP up running when one already has a connection to an external AP? I'm using WICED 2.4.1 and Murata sn8205 module which contains a STM32F205RGT6 with a BCM43362 wifi chip.

Greatful for any help/suggestions.

//Peter

0 Likes
8 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Hello

I know we can have client and AP running together so long as they are on the same channel. (Since it is a single band device).

I'll look into what you are trying. 

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee

Have you looked at our Appliance Demo?

Does this work as you would expect?

Demo of the "Appliance Application" in WICED SDK

0 Likes

The problem was a faulty WiFi router which since then been replaced and it now works much better.

Still I have problem connecting to the http server on config AP when at the same time trying to join on STA interface. Our firmware scans for AP:s every minute when not connected with STA.

If config AP is on one channel and STA interface joins an AP on another channel which seems to work. What happens with config AP? Does it jump channel to?

Haven't looked at appliance demo because our HW can't use power save mode. Will check it out but it should work because we doesn't have issues on STA interface.

//Peter

0 Likes

Hi,

I believe it would have to jump channels since we are a single radio. Let me follow up. Greg Gangitano

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee

The config AP jumps channel as well however, the channel is changed without informing clients.

At this time we don't support gracefully changing the channel of an AP with the set_channel() API that does a CSA to tell clients the AP is going to move.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee

phstream

Are we OK here?

0 Likes

Still have problems with config AP. Scanning for APs at the same time. Can that affect channel?

Just started to investigate this issue again.

We have a very crowded WiFi environment.

Then I have another question. When it loses connection on STA interface our firmware scans for other known APs for a new WiFi connection. What is the correct way to handle the network. Shall we do a wiced_network_down() or leave it "up" and just try to connect to remote AP? TCP and UDP server won't return form wiced_tcp_accept() , wiced_udp_receive() when we lost WiFi STA connection. It's therefore hard to restart everything in a nice way.

Thanx for help

Peter

0 Likes

Config AP doesn't show up. Soft AP works. I will use that instead.