PSoC Creator Debug Button greyed out?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I created a custom project with the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 chip and I have my hardware ready to be programmed. However, I can't actually start a debugging session because the button is greyed out. The only thing I can do is attach to a running target. Is there a reason why this is the case? Did I inadvertently put the wrong confguration in my .cydwr file?

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found the problem. It seems that you cannot debug if you have a "Bootloadable" component in your design. I disabled it and now the debug button is no longer greyed out. Silly me 😛

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Alexandre!

Is the debug mode set to GPIO which disables debugging (set in .cydwr view under "System")

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's set to SWD (serial wire debug)

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are probably using a CY8CKIT-059. Can you use Cypress Programmer, select the Kitprog interface and see if the version is 2.16

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup I am indeed using that kit. 

Yes it is version 2.16 in the programmer:

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found the problem. It seems that you cannot debug if you have a "Bootloadable" component in your design. I disabled it and now the debug button is no longer greyed out. Silly me 😛