CY5670 Dongle won't connect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit and have used the CY5670 dongle with CySmart 1.2 and it has been very useful.  Now suddenly CySmart won't see the dongle.  It brings up a dialog that says I have to update the firmware to C:\Program Files(x86)\Cypress\Cysmart1.2\dongle\CY5670\BLE_4_1_Dongle_CySmart_128K.hex.

But when I open PSoc Programmer 3.24.2 It says the dongle is running that file. (see  PNG attached)

Successfully Connected to KitProg/BLE0F20122F03314400 at 4:32:11 AM | KitProg Version 2.16
Opening Port at 4:32:10 AM                                          | 
Device set to CYBL10162-56LQXI at 4:32:09 AM                        | 131072 FLASH bytes
Device Family set to CY8C4xxx-BLE at 4:32:09 AM                     | 
Active HEX file set at 4:32:09 AM                                   | C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CySmart\1.2\dongle\CY5670\BLE_4_1_Dongle_CySmart_128K.hex
                                                                    |  
                                                                    | Users must be aware that the following PSoC device should not be powered or programmed at 5V. Doing so will cause damage to the device: CYRF89xxx
Session Started at 4:32:08 AM                                       | PPCOM Version 20.0

So it has the correct file but still won't use  it.  All my Cypress programs have been updated to current, Any suggestions what I can do ?

Thank you,

--jim schimpf

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably you mix two different resources needed:

The Kitprog which seemingly is up-to-date

and the firmware. You can see which hex-file to be programmed is selected, but you cannot see that the file has been programmed.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably you mix two different resources needed:

The Kitprog which seemingly is up-to-date

and the firmware. You can see which hex-file to be programmed is selected, but you cannot see that the file has been programmed.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Longer note got stuck in the spam filter.  But ran the PSoC programmer and it said it successfully loaded the named file.  Ran CySmart 1.2 and it said I needed to program the donger with said file.  Is there something I'm missing.

Thank you

--jim schimpf

0 Likes