PRoC SWD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am working on a project where I'd like to be using a Smart BLE module.

The company for whom I am doing this project has an earlier revision that is pretty much ready for a small manufacturing run. The earlier revision uses Nordic's NRF51 and for conformity I'd like to swap it for a Cypress module.

As this is being done hastily I want to make sure that I would be able to modify the firmware after productions. So I'd like to verify that the module can be flashed over SWD (ie with the Segger J-link) using a HEX or BIN file. To do this I would need 5 connections for SWDIO, SWCLK, XRES, VCC and GND? (I assume SWO is not used).

I's also like to know how I can generate a HEX file using PSoC creator?

Thanks,

S

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When compiling a project using Creator a hex file is generated automatically.

Yes, the 5 pins you mention are used to program a PSoC BLE. In case you are using one of the low-pin modules you will need to power-cycle the PSoC instead of the non-existing XRES.pin. Cheapest solution to get into the business would be to get a CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer BLE kit. Easiest site programmer would be the snap-off Kitprog of a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC4 M Prototyping kit.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

I have the CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer BLE kit and I am using it for the current iteration. For the existing design the chip would need to be flashed by a manufacturer overseas, at least for initial testing, and I'd like the process to be as straight forward as possible.

When you say the low-pin modules don't have a XRES pin what modules are you referring to? I am currently evaluating the CYBLE-022001-00 and the CYBLE-222005-00 which have (relatively) minimal pins but seem to have the XRES pin, am I missing something? 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

XRES pin what modules are you referring to?  There are 16 IO-pin modules which do not have an XRES pin.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes