5v relay module advice

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I've got a 5v microcontroller relay module, im using an external 5v supply for the transistor circuit of the relay. I also have an lm35 temperature sensor reading the temperature in the same project. The relay input seems to be active low as it seems that writing a 0 to the control pin of the relay will activate it. The problem is that when i activate the relay the temperature reading changes by a few degree. I see that the voltage supply to the temperature sensor drops slightly when activating the really changing the output temperature. Any advice on how to remedy this? Thanks Guys   
0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Without a schematic of the relay and the power supply it is just a guess as to the cause. But it appears to be a drop in the voltage. You could try a larger cap on the supply or a larger current supply. Maybe some diodes to shunt voltage spikes from the relay coil. Post your project so we can analyze the issue.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Without a schematic of the relay and the power supply it is just a guess as to the cause. But it appears to be a drop in the voltage. You could try a larger cap on the supply or a larger current supply. Maybe some diodes to shunt voltage spikes from the relay coil. Post your project so we can analyze the issue.   
0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Post your schematic also. You didn't  mention which direction temperature changes when relay activated. I suspect that PSoC's ADC setting used is  Vref=Vdda/2, affecting voltage measurement.

HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I second @oddisey1 - use one of the internal reference voltages as ADC reference. E.g. using 1.024V Vref, which will even give you higher resolution and precision.

0 Likes