Displaying a string on LCD using CySmart on PSoC4 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

My project focuses on taking input from an android device using CySMart Application and displaying the same string on a 16x2 Character LCD. I am not able to find the correct APIs or the method to read the input and subsequently display it on the screen. What APIs should I use? Both BLE and LCD interfaces are working correctly individually. But how to display a STRING taken from CySmart??

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

When you BLE device is acting as GATT server: use a custom service and add a characteristic for the string to be displayed. Then listen for the "characteristic write" event to its values. Look at the BLE component docs for more details. (This is the event that gets triggered whenever the BLE stack writes an updated value to a characteristic)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

When you BLE device is acting as GATT server: use a custom service and add a characteristic for the string to be displayed. Then listen for the "characteristic write" event to its values. Look at the BLE component docs for more details. (This is the event that gets triggered whenever the BLE stack writes an updated value to a characteristic)

0 Likes