Cypress EZ-USB CX3 MIPI CSI 720p 120fps

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sir:

I want to know if CYUSB3065 can support 120fps 720p,whether there is a corresponding reference design(such as OV4682 sensor)?

If not, whether there are other other solutions?

thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have tested CYUSB3065  wth 720 at 60 fps, this works fine.  Theoretically the CX3 can  support data upto around 240 MBps. In your scenario the image data will be around ~210 MBps , but  further you will need to add headers and there will be some associated switching latencies which will decrease the data-speed. So, I would say that driving CX3 at 120 fps -720p will be difficult to implement.

Nishant

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to realize 720p 120fps,whether there are other solutions?For example, image compression(H.264,MJPEG).And whether there are available compression algorithms or compression library(or Ipcore) available?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to use an Image sensor for the compression part. 

You can have a look at this (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/ascella-cypress-cx3-thine-isp-13mp-refer...)  for streaming 720p @ 120fps. 

This RDK is based on Cypress’s EZ-USB® CX3™ USB 3.0 camera controller and THine’s THP7312 image signal processor (ISP).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,I got it,but is there any other ISP solutions recommended.

0 Likes