Unable to debug / program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been working on custom designed board with CYBLE-014008-00 of BLE-4200 family. I was able to configure on board relays and LED. I started with Bluetooth and was able to run BLE findme profile. After installing CySmart application in iPhone device I was able to use FindMe profile along with immediate alert service. This is all done in past few days.

Today I tried to program the board with little changes in code but I was unable to do so in many attempts. When going for program / debug during target selection it is not showing my device since morning. 

Key-points : 

1. Board works on 12 V and Power adapter is supplying 12V
  3. I am using SWD method for programming abd On SWD 5 pin connector I am able to see 3.3 V supply.
  5. Miniprog3 can be seen in device manager. Also MiniProg3 status LED is green.
  7. In PSoC Creator device selector I am selecting my device properly.
  9. As I was unable to program the board, I uninstalled PSoC Creator & programmer and then installed again, but issue persists.
  11. As mentioned above I was able to program device with BLE code, My device still pairs with iphone application and I can recieve alerts too due to code flashed yesterday evening. PSoC board is running code that was programmed yesterday, but I am unable to program it . 

Please suggest a way forward. Can't share schematic and have only one board.

If you have any ideas or things that I should try, please suggest.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I would say there is an error in the connections to the chip for the programming circuit.  We are not able to determine what it is as you won't share the Schematic.  Also the Schematic could be okay but the board layout could have an error.  Also have you tried to program the unit with the power off? Does that work? Your chip could be defective due to an ESD issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error code  - Warning: dbg.M0039: There was an error running port acquire: Can not acquire SWD device!

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - 
To narrow down cause of issue, I tried loading hex files with help of PSoC programmer. MiniPgog3 is connected and powered (bottom right), but unable to erase flash or write image. See image below

Console window says :

Check 
- the connection between the programmer and the PSoC 
Not checked yet

- the correct programming protocol is selected
I selected SWD, which I was using earlier.

- the correct connector option is selected.
I selected 5-pin, because we are using 5-pin 

It seems MiniProg3 is working fine, but issue is connection between MiniProg3 and the PSoC. Does that means my board is broke, but remember board is running program(yesterday programmed) very well.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I see a warning before the erase concerned with powering the target. Are you providing power through miniprog3 and externally or have you got a short on your 3.3V supply (Measure)

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

That warning is due to using Toggel Power button, as you can see in updated image there is no warning here.

Also I am providing power externally. Program in board still running fine.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No there is no short circuit

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I would say there is an error in the connections to the chip for the programming circuit.  We are not able to determine what it is as you won't share the Schematic.  Also the Schematic could be okay but the board layout could have an error.  Also have you tried to program the unit with the power off? Does that work? Your chip could be defective due to an ESD issue.

0 Likes