Variable LUT (?)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I'm looking for a way to implement a variable LUT, which can be changed using some king of API.

The problem is that my design is already +70% full, and so far I couldn't find a way to squeeze my ideas into the remaining space.

The LUT size is 3-in 3-out.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

This heavily depends on what the changes are that you need to make to the LUT. If its e.g. just the polarity of a signal, you can use a XOR + control register. You can also use a LUT with 4 or 5 inputs, and use the extra ones to create a different logic.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

This heavily depends on what the changes are that you need to make to the LUT. If its e.g. just the polarity of a signal, you can use a XOR + control register. You can also use a LUT with 4 or 5 inputs, and use the extra ones to create a different logic.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to be able to completely change the LUT. There is no logic that I can apply to do this. It depends on values I get from a sensor.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No easy way to perform what you want to. There are a bunch of "registers" that perform the behaving of an LUT, but that is rather complex and not easy to understand. Have a look into the "PSoC® 5LP Registers TRM (Technical Reference Manual)".

Bob

0 Likes