High DPI Support for PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

It would be great if you could update PSoC Creator to be DPI-aware. It's actually really close already, so it shouldn't be too much work! Currently it's not declared as DPI-aware to Windows, so the whole thing appears blurry - not very professional! Forcing DPI-awareness, though, shows that most of your GUI sizing is already done with relative font sizes, so it's actually very close to a polished application. There are a couple of issues (e.g. icons seem to have hard-coded pixel sizes, listviews seem to have hard-coded pixel item heights) but I really don't think that fixing these up would take too much of your developers' time.

Laptops and tablets, particularly high-end ones (Microsoft's Surface Pro line and almost all of Apple's current models) are rapidly moving to high DPI displays, so this is only going to affect more and more users as time goes on.

Cheers

Jarrad

1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, I had forward it to our development team.

Thanks

JOBIN GT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, I had forward it to our development team.

Thanks

JOBIN GT

0 Likes

Jobin, i am on version 4.4 and the appearance is really not usable to work with more than a hour. Is there a workaround? I've played a lot with the Windows 10 "High-DPI Settings" but get strange side effects in font sizes and scrolling/rendering of the code.

0 Likes