FX3 UVC AN75779 debug interface failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm attempting to use the AN75779 UVC example "out of the box" on a CYUSB3KIT-003 board.  Upon enabling the USB_DEBUG_INTERFACE option in uvc.h, I do see the extra endpoint device in device manager, and attach the USB StreamerExample driver to it.

But Cypress ControlCenter always says "Invalid Firmware" - "Please Check the Device Configuration and try again".  (Screenshot attached)

Other FX3 SDK examples using the streamer example interface build and work just fine... it seems to just be some issue with the implementation in AN75779 but as I believe this should work, untouched "out of the box" I can't imagine what's wrong just now.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on an i7/6700k Skylake on an Asus Z170 Deluxe board and have tried both the Intel USB 3.0 controller and Asus USB 3.1 controller, including going via a powererd USB 3.0 hub.

Could anyone advise as to whether the USB_DEBUG_INTERFACE example should actually work as supplied, on Windows 10 -- or is the appnote perhaps out of date?   (I also tried the recently-released Windows 10 drivers (1.2.3.14) as well as the ones in the FX3SDK 1.3)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some comparisons with other examples, and experimentation (and noticing this sample works fine when plugged in to a USB 2.0 host port) I've managed to "fix" the problem by changing the declaration in CyFxUSBDeviceDscrSS to be USB 3.0 rather than USB 3.1.   I would still appreciate advice on this -- why would the sample be declared as a USB 3.1 sample and why would this then cause the debug endpoint not to function?  Is this an error in the sample code?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We see that you have created a technical support case with the same issue. We will continue this discussion in the case .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks like an issue with the cyusb.dll library. W are checking this internally and trying to fix this. Until then as a temporary workaround, please specify it as USB 3.0

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
ThZh_4804926
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First reply posted

May I ask whether Cypress has finally fixed the problem?

0 Likes