How to get the current connection parameters

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSi_1632926
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome! 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi!

I'm doing some experiments with the PSoC4 as a peripheral. I call CyBle_L2capLeConnectionParamUpdateRequest to request other connection parameters, but is there a way to check what the currently used connection parameters are?

Alternatively, is there some kind of event happening when the parameters are updated?

For instance the BLE MIDI specification (https://developer.apple.com/bluetooth/Apple-Bluetooth-Low-Energy-MIDI-Specification.pdf) states: "Apple recommends starting with a request for a connection interval of 11.25 ms and going to 15 ms if the connection request is rejected by the Apple product.", which seems hard to do without knowing the current parameters.

Thanks, Jacob

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

CyBle_GapcConnectionParamUpdateRequest() function can only be used by the slave.. This function results in
CYBLE_EVT_L2CAP_CONN_PARAM_UPDATE_REQ event at the Master's end.

You can use CYBLE_GAP_ENHANCE_CONN_COMPLETE_T to read the current connection parameters.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

CyBle_GapcConnectionParamUpdateRequest() function can only be used by the slave.. This function results in
CYBLE_EVT_L2CAP_CONN_PARAM_UPDATE_REQ event at the Master's end.

You can use CYBLE_GAP_ENHANCE_CONN_COMPLETE_T to read the current connection parameters.

0 Likes

Any updates on this?

0 Likes
JaSi_1632926
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome! 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Thanks for your answer.

For which event on the "slave" side can I cast the event parameter (second argument to stack event handler) to CYBLE_GAP_ENHANCE_CONN_COMPLETE_T?

0 Likes

I solved it.

for event CYBLE_EVT_GAP_CONNECTION_UPDATE_COMPLETE the event parameter may be cast to CYBLE_GAP_CONN_PARAM_UPDATED_IN_CONTROLLER_T.

Reference: http://www.cypress.com/file/232821/download