"Assertion failed" error message with PSoC Creator 3.3 CP2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

A few days ago, I upgraded PSoC Creator to 3.3 CP2. And since then I get "Assertion failed" error messages quite often. The attachment shows one of these error messages.

I'm running PSoC Creator in a Windows 8.1 virtual machine, on OS X. No problem with previous version of PSoC Creator. Has somebody experienced this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I found the source of the problem: I had decided to store the workspace in a folder shared with the host (this is because I use git from OS X, not from Windows). And it seems that PSoC Creator did not like to read/write files from/to a VirtualBox shared folder...

So, easy correction: my workspace is now stored inside the virtual machine. And when I want to commit my work, I copy the workspace to the shared folder...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I found the source of the problem: I had decided to store the workspace in a folder shared with the host (this is because I use git from OS X, not from Windows). And it seems that PSoC Creator did not like to read/write files from/to a VirtualBox shared folder...

So, easy correction: my workspace is now stored inside the virtual machine. And when I want to commit my work, I copy the workspace to the shared folder...

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

For me its even worse - Creator tells me it cannot find the files on a shared VBox folder, even though it was happy to navigate me to there 😞

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Pascal,

You can find this issue is addressed in PSoC Creator 3.1 release note. :

If you run PSoC Creator on a virtual machine and access source files from a shared folder, you must disable Semantic Parsing using the Tools > Options > Semantic Parsing menu item. There is a known issue with a third-party tool that is used to support the Semantic Parsing features. For more information, refer to the bug report for that tool (http://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=21143).

Thanks

JOBIN GT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the information, Jobin! This will allow me to improve the way I handle my source code.

Best regards.

0 Likes