How to recognize composite device (Virtual COM-port and SlaveFIFO) on Win'7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!
I'm novice here and I try to make composite device.
So, I have a project CDC_BulkLoop_composite.zip (based on original CDC_BulkLoop project). Changing PID I can view two devices on Windows'7x64: 1 COM-port (it seems which works correctly) and 2) Unknown Device. Win'7 can not find driver for 'Unknown Device'. 
So, my question is: 
What I need modify or change to work with second 'Unknown Device' in 'CyControl' software ( INF-file, fx3-project sources, anything else)? Or can I do myself driver (based on KernelDriver or WinDriver) to work with 2'th device. What way is shorter and good for me?

Thanks in advance for any response!
Regards, 
Evgeniy

P.S.: Now second unknown device is a original CDC-device (not a slave-FIFO device). It will be slave-fifo in future. 'CyControl' software is good for me. I want to use it. But if it is impossible, I can write myself program. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To use the CyControl software to access the second device, you need to bind this to Cypress's cyusb3.sys driver.

Double click the unknown device in the device manager, in the properties window, go to Drivers Tab. Click Update Driver -> Browse My computer for Driver Software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Have Disk -> Browse and select the INF file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\win7\x64\cyusb3.inf"

Select any one of the devices say "Cypress USB Bulkloop Example" and finish the driver binding process. You can find the device on CyControl Software,

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes