Help for a newbie - timed digital output on break-out part of PSOC5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to get my feet wet with a PSOC5 (CY8CKIT-059), but it is a little overwhelming. I did some work with a different PSOC a few years back, and was able to get by by using examples and modifying it to my need. However, so far I have no luck finding any examples for the PSOC5LP.

If anybody could guide me to an example of a simple blinking led or similar I would really appreciate it.

Also a short explanation on how to address and assign the pins on the "break-away" part (CY8C58868LTI-LP039) would be awesome. Is it even possible to use just that part with a time and digital outputs?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

When you installed the PSoC5 prototyping kit with all its files you will find some example projects on the start page of Creator (current version is 3.3). There is even a "Find example Project" entry for more general projects.

And "Yes", there are blinking LEDs and timers and counters and UARTs and other interfaces and...... I think there are more than 100 components ready to use with your kit. Schematics for your Kit are installed under "Program Files (x86)\Cypress}CY8CKit-059\...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, that was really helpful. I achieved what I wanted using the big (xxLP097) part. I have two questions remaining that I can't find the answer for:

- Is it at all possible to use just the small part of the board (xxLp039)? I am guessing not, but it would REALLY help my application.

- How do it power it with a battery? I do not see any Vin labeled terminals.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You may use the small part of the -059 kit which is the Kitprog programmer. But that gets complicated: you will need to get another programmer (hardware) to upload your code.

Have a look into the schematic, on J2 pin 1 you find Vdd.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks again. One last question: Am I correct that I can still program the large part of my board by jumpering the ~ five leads from the kitprog to the large part after break off the kitprog?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There are two traces for the UART-USB bridge that get broken when the snap-off part is separated. Programming should work flawlessly although there was a thread here in the forum where some problems have been watched.

Bob

0 Likes