ble pairing fail using secure connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My development tool can connect to CY5677 usb dongle, but it can't work correctly when I pressed "pair" button to enter pairing flow(LE Secure Connections and Justwork authentication).

At first, CY5677 would send pairing request, then I send "pairing response" and followed by "pairing confirm(slave)". But CY5677 seems not to receive "pairing response" because CY5677 don't send "pairing random" and CySmsart pop up "AUTH_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_TIMEOUT" a few seconds later.

I found it strange that after we sent "pairing response", my ble sniffer showed "crc error packets" from CY5677 at the next connection event. 

However, I tried to set "SC bit(secure connection)" to 0 to request LE legacy pairing, it works fine! 

I don't know why happened with CY5677 and how to pair with LE Secure Connections properly.

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please create a Tech Support case so that our engineers can look into this issue and review your firmware.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please create a Tech Support case so that our engineers can look into this issue and review your firmware.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes