disconnecting every 30 seconds

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a simple BLE and accelerometer design with one service, and one characteristic.  The BLE profile is custom, but the application is based off the capsense example.  The client connects to GATT and enables notifications on the characteristic.  The client then starts receiving correct notifications from the PSoC 4.  The problem is that the client receives a disconnect after exactly 30 seconds.  We've programmed the client to reconnect, which works just fine.  But it always gets a disconnect after exactly 30 seconds.  We don't do any reads or writes on the characteristic.  I've tried modifying the various relevant parameters in the BLE configuration in PSoC Creator 3.3.

Any ideas on why we're disconnecting after 30 seconds?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had been using the same UUID for both the characteristic and the descriptor.  When I used separate UUIDs for each, it stopped disconnecting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Are you regularly call the BLE-stack-handling functions? It might be that it just stops working, and then the clients disconnects.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We handle the BLE stack callbacks, but we're ignoring everything except the CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON and CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED events.  When we receive those, we start advertising.  The PSoC 4 BLE is the Central side and we use an Android BLE for the Peripheral side.  Once the PSoC 4 is set up, we have an infinite loop that calls CyBle_ProcessEvents().  We have Android BLE working with an Arduino light blue bean BLE server and it stays connected continuously.  I'm not sure what is different with PSoC 4 BLE.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had been using the same UUID for both the characteristic and the descriptor.  When I used separate UUIDs for each, it stopped disconnecting.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Thanks for letting us know the soluton! Seems like an easy mistake to make...

0 Likes