PSoC Programmer device missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hello everybody,

I have a problem related to PSoC5LP and PSoC programmer. From some reason, I don't know which, I cannot find PSoC5LP devices in the Device list. I have to program a CY8C5868AXI-LP032 and it is not there, in the list. Also, the MiniProg3 device cannot acquire it.

Thank you,

George

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Latest programmer version is 3.24.2

Check if miniprog3 needs an update (use programmer, select the miniprog3 on a PC with internet connection)

Bob

0 Likes
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Everything is OK from this point of view (last PSoC Programmer version). However, I should see the device even when no programmer is attached to the computer. The device simply is not listed in the drop down list.

Interesting problem, though.

Thank you,

George

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I do not see PSoC5 devices in Cypress programmer, but never used that selection.I selected the miniprog (or the kitprog) loaded the hex-file and the device got selected correctly.

Bob

0 Likes
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

On the other hand, on another computer, I can see them in that list. Strange. However, I think I can consider this problem solved, somehow.

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had the same issue until i realized that what protocol you select effects what devices you are able to select in the drop down list. You probably already figured this out but in case anyone else ends up at this page like I did that might help them out.

0 Likes