CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC® 4 Prototyping Kit Guide Example problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alorc_1643676
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I am trying to program the CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC® 4 Prototyping Kit. I keep getting Program Time out. I attached two example I used. One is directly out of the PSoC Prototype User Guide (SCB_Bootloader).

Appriciate any help to see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

0 Likes
14 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        You are supose to hold the button down while you plug it in.   
0 Likes

Yes, I followed the directions and held down the button while plugging in the prototype board into PC. Blue LED changes rate of blinking.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Also Please post your program. Windows Doc examples are too hard to analyze.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes

The following is what is shown when doing Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal).

• SCB_Bootloader.cywrk.Archive01
  •    

When extracting the file, following is created - SCB_Bootloader_42xx - that consist of

• Folders: Bootloader Blinking LED.cydsn, Bootloader, UART_Bootloader.cydsn and file: SCB_Bootloader
  •    
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Please attach the file archive01. Also can you see the board in your device manager under com ports?   
0 Likes
lock attach

I attached the file that was created. Yes the board is seen by my device manager.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I do not see the "Bootloader Host" mentioned which is needed to be used to program the chip

Bob

0 Likes

Is "Bootloader Host" a file that is created. The only place I see "Bootloader Host" under Tools to see the Com connection, set the settings and program the board. If it needs to be created, am I missing something to do this. This all that is created, wat I sent.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You can program your board only by using the Bootloader Host from creator's menu.

You can program only a Bootloadable project, one that has got a correctly set up bootloadable component.

The Bootloader is already factory programmed into your board and cannot be changed without using a miniprog3.

Bob

0 Likes

Thanks. My understanding from user guide is that the programs I am using, the prototype board is all set up to just Build and run the program. With the SCB_loader program, I thought it said I was able to build and program prototype board right from the box. I should also be able to change the blinking LED rate and reprogram to see te LED blinking rate change. (I know to take board out and put back in while pressing the button. Make sure the COM port setting are correct). I believe that one of Cyrpess's beginning videos on programming prototype board states what I am stating, also. It did not say to do anything else. I guess I am missing something.

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Genx: you are using an outdated Psoc Creator program and you should update it to Psoc Creator 3.3 CP2 (3.3.0.7343) as it said your bootloader was out of revision and could cause you issue.  I am sending your program back and it is working fine.  After you reinstall the Psoc Creator you will need to reinstall all of the Kit files this should update your Bootloader information.  By the way after you down load this file you will need to update the bootboadable dependencies to the location on your system where they reside. 

0 Likes

OK will try

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

One more thing make sure that your device is highlighted in the bootloader host when you try to program as it will default to the first com port in the list which could be your mouse or your touchpad and you will get a program failed message in the Bootloader host window.  I have been looking into all the ways this process can fail to keep you informed.

0 Likes