PSoC Creator bug with single file optimization setting?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

can anyone verify the following behavior on PC 3.3 (current release) for file specific optimization settings, please:

1. change the project compile optimization setting for 'link time optimization' => should be 'false' by default, so change to 'true'
  3. close and re-open PSoC Creator and check if the setting is still 'true'
  5. for single files, the setting should follow the project setting
  7. now repeat #1 and #2 for a single file (e.g. main.c), and change the setting to the opposite state => if the project setting is 'true', set the single file optimization to 'false'
  9. close and re-open PSoC Creator and check if the setting is still opposite from the project setting

In my case, the result of #5 is the same as the project setting. This worked in the past, therefore I'd consider this as an bug.

I've another PSoC Creator installation where I have to check this behavior, but I'd be glad if someone can verify this.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello All,

Thank you for pointing this issue and we had fixed with this issue in future release.

Thanks

JOBIN

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Positively confirmed. Please create a support case, Ralf.

Bob

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Bob,

thank you for verification. I also reproduced it on the 2nd installation and created a support case.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello All,

Thank you for pointing this issue and we had fixed with this issue in future release.

Thanks

JOBIN

0 Likes