How to properly setup PSoC4BLE as network processor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i am using a PSoC4 BLE as a transceiver for my project. I have a application processor which handles a couple of sensors and does the processing of data. It then sends the data as a framed message to the PSoC4. The PSoC's job should be to receive the message frames, read the header (to see if its a command or a result message) and then update the appropriate Characteristics in its BLE server. A connected smartphone then gets the data via BLE. So the PSoC4 BLE is my modem, it should just relay the messages from the application processor to the BLE connection.

I want to let it sleep as often as possible for power saving. What general approach should i take? UART interrupts (on general receive or can i use signal frame detection?)/ DMA or which technique is best for my use case? Can you point me to any community project that implements this functionality? I want to implement as effectively as possible...

Thanks for your advise,

Pat

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please refer this AppNote and associated projects for low power implementation

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any link to the AppNote? Any more advise?

Thanks,

Pat

0 Likes