Device Subclasses for Vendor device class

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I am trying to create a multi interface USB descriptor. I was wondering where can I find device subclass for Vendor Device class (0xFF). I can to implement a control interface for the (0xFF) for which I need the subclass. Thanks, yunus   
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the multiple interfaces that you are trying to create? If the interface class is FFh, then it indicates that it is a vendor interface and the sub class field becomes irrelevant.

You can always create a separate interface having only the control EP if you wish .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to create a device which have data path and control path. I created a composite device with two interfaces with 0xFF classes and it worked fine on windows 7 but not windows 10.

What do mean by I can create a separate interface having only the control EP (does this meaning without any in or out endpoint)? I can post an example descriptor that would great.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can create an interface only using a Control Endpoint and no other endpoints. Just put the no of endpoints in the interface descriptor as zero. Doing this will allow you to use only the default control pipe.

0 Likes