Sending single advertisement with variable payload

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to send non-connectable undirected advertising packets in non-periodic (event triggered) way with variable data (for example, received from serial interface). I tried to use example Project #009: Dynamic Broadcaster, however it sends packets with periodic interval. The only workaround I found is to put module in Deep Sleep state and play with timeout interval. Is there any other way to solve my problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is a fine way to do. Please go ahead.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is a fine way to do. Please go ahead.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a problem with this approach. The interval between wakeup signal and the moment when system is able to process UART data and start sending advertisement is quite huge for my application - approx. 510 ms (see capture below). Is there way to decrease this interval significantly? Maybe I am using low energy mode (Deep Sleep) in wrong way. Can you give me clue how to solve this if possible?

Here RX and TX are corresponding to serial interface of broadcaster and Node2 TX is corresponding serial interface of observer.

0 Likes