Add BLE feature to existing project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am new to PSoC and BLE. I have created a simple project and would like to add a BLE feature like Findme profile to it such that my program should work as it is and should execute certain functions through bluetooth app. How can I achieve this ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

There is a blog "100 projects in 100 days"  where you can find a lot of examples. When using a PSoC4 BLE Pioneer kit, just drop a BLE component on your Topdesign and configure it accordingly to one of the examples. Tip: you may have two Creator 3.3 opened at the same time, so copy & paste is the winner.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

There is a blog "100 projects in 100 days"  where you can find a lot of examples. When using a PSoC4 BLE Pioneer kit, just drop a BLE component on your Topdesign and configure it accordingly to one of the examples. Tip: you may have two Creator 3.3 opened at the same time, so copy & paste is the winner.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi welcome to forum.

These videos helped me a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIOkqhZiy83Gnjv4ywK68B3nU8jKRloIl

View videos, that will help. Also install CySmart app in your PC, Android or Iphone and test with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys,

What I want to know is how the program execution happens. Let suppose the program execution reaches somewhere in the middle of my main program and a bluetooth app button is pressed. How will the program execution take place after that ? Will it skip rest of the body and execute callbacks or will it continue the flow and update the parameters ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enable interrupts CyGlobalIntEnable

You register your event handler function with API CyBle_Start

and in while(1) call CyBle_ProcessEvents() , You will receive BLuetooth related events in the event handler registered through CyBle_Start. Everything is mentioned in the videos list I shared with you earlier. If you want to know more set breakpoints on different cases in Event handler. I learned all connection/disconnection steps by debugging or you can search on internet.

Create a FindMe example project that will be helpful.

0 Likes