Project on RealTime FFT tranform

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im doing a project based on real time FFT transformation of a signal.

I need to convert my signal which is acceleration vs time into acceleration vs frequency.

Im using CY3121 customer kit and i need help with the programming, since the FFT algorithm is a complex code and I am new to this area. If anyone can, please help me with this project. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

sir,

Im new with the CY3121 customer kit and could you help me with this board too because I couldnt get any reference for this board from anywhere else. Please help me.

Also is there anyway that i could do a private message on this topic? So that i could undertand about all of this easily.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

You can obtain CY3121 documentation directly from Cypress Support: Login -> My Cases -> Create my Case. Cypress Support responses are reasonably quick.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to do the FFT implementation on CY3209 and if so could u advice me on setting up the kit and how can i wire it up to use CY8C29466 IC

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

I seems that both kits you mentioned are using PSoC1 processor, which is I am not familiar. I suggest to start a new thread in Cypress PSoC1 forum.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sir, if I use the CY3210 PSOCEVAL1 kit, would you be able to help me?

I had orderd for this kit and within few days it might arrive. In the mean time, is there any standalone assembler or compiler available which I could use to improve my coding skills in C for the cypress.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you aren't familiar with C, Kernighan and Ritchie "The C Programming Language" or "Deep C Secrets" are about the best books on the languages themselves. The best way to learn otherwise is to look at example projects with your specific chip or kit. 

As far as doing an FFT, you may want to hop over to another PSOC architecture that can handle the math like a chip based on the M3 that has some heavier lifting capability with math, and use the pre-built ARM CMSIS-DSP libraries (includes various FFT, DCT, matrix ops, etc...). The former spansion now cypress FM4 also has some rich capabilities including chips with floating point hardware depending on the level of accuracy and response time you need to obtain.

0 Likes
JeCo_264681
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I have written a PSoC5 LP project that uses an FFT. For proprietary reasons I am not ready to release it but I hope to share a stripped down version with the community in coming months. Meanwhile, I learned to program the FFT from a book "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing" by Steven W. Smith. The book includes BASIC and FORTRAN code for DFT and FFT and inverse complex DFT. I translated the BASIC program to C for my project. Highly recommended. You can read the book online a limited number of times. After that, you would have to buy it as I did. It's one of the best books I have ever read 🙂

0 Likes