Error: dbg.M0015 when using the BLE Pioneer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am using the CY8CKIT-042-BLE to develop a BLE application based on the PSoC_4_BLE_CapSense_Slider_LED example and I am unable to use the debugger as it gives the following error:

Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)

I have read the following post and have been unable to fix the issue.

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-4-ble/error-dbgm0015-ble-pioneer-kit?source=search&keywords=dbg.M0...

I am unable to use the debugger in either my project or the example project.

The debugger identifies as a KIT Prog/1A23152A03254400 Version 2.16 and my system is a Windows10 64-bit machine.

Any further ideas other than those outlined in the post referenced above.

Thanks

John

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You disabled debugging.

Select "System" tab in .cydwr view (where you assign the pins) and set "Debug Select" from "GPIO" to "SWD".

Happy coding

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, John!

Debugging and deep-sleep do not work together. Check for power reduction in project.

There have been issues reported that got cleared by using a different USB cable.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob

Thank you for the quick response.

I have already removed all sleep and deep sleep requests to the CPU, BLE and CapSense.

I am not changing the Clock frequency.

The debugger active protocol is set to SWD.

I have tried a second USB cable.

Still unable to debug.

Regards

John

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

John Have you tried Cysmart 1.2 and the Ble Dongle to debug the program that is what you are suppose to use to debug Ble programs .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bobgoar

I have Cysmart 1.2 running and I have full comms with my BLE device via the Ble Dongle.

I have functioning advertising data, I can connect and update user data in the device supervisor Flash and read parameters from the device.

The issue I have is that I am fine tuning the CapSense part of the application and would like to step through certain sections of my application.

I have the CapSense Tuning Application running but I would still like to step through the code.

Therefor I would like to get the debugger working.

Regards

John

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Does Capsense tuner and debugging collide? Anyone knows about that???

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob

I have not tried using the Capsense tuner and the KitProg debugger together and I do not believe that this is the cause of my issues.

The KitProg debugger didn't work even when I had not added and enabled the EZI2C block into my application.

I have however noticed that to get the Capsense tuner to work, I have had to switch off all of the BLE comms.

It look like the Capsense tuner needs to run as fast as possible.

Regards

John

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Try this Capsense tuner program.  It appears they have update this API and it doesn't work like it use to.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bobgoar

Thanks for the Capsense tuner, I will try it when I have sorted my debugger issues.

Regards

John

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

All
To simplify my debugger issues I have created a simple LED flashing application running on the BLE Pioneer Kit.
It consists of the Red, Green and Blue LEDs, one of which flashes every second.
There is no Capsense or BLE included.

When I try to debug this with the KitProg I get the message:
Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)

The debugger identifies as a KIT Prog/1A23152A03254400 Version 2.16 and my system is a Windows10 64-bit machine.
The device is a PSoC 4200 BLE CY8C2447LQI-BL483
 PSoC BLE (ARM CM0)
 Silicon ID: 0x0BB11477
 Cypress ID: 0x0E34119E
 Revision: PRODUCTION

The project is attached.

I have also tried this project on a Windows 7 (64-bit) machine and also on a second BLE Pioneer Kit with out success.

Just to be clear, the functioning of the code is not the issue it's the debugger failing.

I must be missing something else that I need to do to the project to make the debugger work?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You disabled debugging.

Select "System" tab in .cydwr view (where you assign the pins) and set "Debug Select" from "GPIO" to "SWD".

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this issue.

I thought the GPIO to SWD was done in the port setting of the KitProg in the Select Debug Target window.

That's why I mentioned it in one of my previous posts and discounted it.

The debugger is now working fine.

Thanks again

John

0 Likes