cy8ckit 042_BLE as SPI slave

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

How to make cy8ckit-042 BLE(psoc 4200- BLE) as SPI slave..?

I want to connect with beagle bone as a SPI master,what changes should i do for example project..?

what is UDB and SCB blocks in SPI communication..?what are differences?

Thanks and Regards,
Sridhar Naidu. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

UDBs are "Universal Digital Blocks" which can be configured to perform complex functions. SCBs are the "Serial Control Blocks" which are used to perform serial communications only. Because the UDBs are more versatile, practice is to "save" them until needed. SCBs are using dedicated pinsm the io is not as freely routable as UDBs, which cannot be used with ports >= P4 in your PSoC.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

UDBs are "Universal Digital Blocks" which can be configured to perform complex functions. SCBs are the "Serial Control Blocks" which are used to perform serial communications only. Because the UDBs are more versatile, practice is to "save" them until needed. SCBs are using dedicated pinsm the io is not as freely routable as UDBs, which cannot be used with ports >= P4 in your PSoC.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If i want to use the kit as SPI slave,which block i should use..? SCB or UDB..? or both..?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Any, but only one  😉

Bob