multiple certificates in security section of DCT?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cogoc_1937206
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

What's the best way to store and use multiple certificates in a WICED device?  This isn't necessarily a requirement that I have, but a reasonable use-case would be:

- a self-signed CA cert for securing and authenticating connections to proprietary servers

- a self-signed cert (i.e. no root signing authority, or a separate one from the above) for the locally running webserver

Would the best option be to put additional certificates in the application section of the DCT?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The DCT could be expended to include user data as well. Wiced uses to store header, mfg_info, certificates, and config information and the rest of the DCT could be used by the user application. Size of the DCT depends on the platform. For example STM32F1xx is 8K and STM32F4xx is 16K.

Please check the ...\Wiced\Platform\include\platform_dct.h and expand it as needed.

-Seyhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The DCT could be expended to include user data as well. Wiced uses to store header, mfg_info, certificates, and config information and the rest of the DCT could be used by the user application. Size of the DCT depends on the platform. For example STM32F1xx is 8K and STM32F4xx is 16K.

Please check the ...\Wiced\Platform\include\platform_dct.h and expand it as needed.

-Seyhan

0 Likes

Thank you, seyhan!  I'll plan to use the app section if I need to use multiple certificates.

0 Likes