Discovery, iOS vs Android

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is my BLE application seen by an android phone and not an iPhone?

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

It´s actually quite simple: It depends on need of paring. If the device doesn´t need pairing, it doesn´t detect. However, the device is discoverable using CoreBluetooth API and it will be visible in your app (the same API CySmart uses ;-). 

Take a look on Apple BLE Guidelines as well, there are some requirements your device needs to fullfill if you want it to use it with iOS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Did you down load Cysmart from the App store?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I use Cysmart.

Our customers will not though.  What determines whether a BLE device will appear in the iOS BT settings or not?  What makes an app recognize a BLE device as the device associated with that app?  (This is a custom profile)

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
I can use iOS CySmart app  & Android  CySmart app  to communicate.

You can download  some  firmware code here.
https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days
Cypress company is maintain some example code here. It's almost can run  well. 

Then open the CySmart app in your iOS and test it.

Try it 😉 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It´s actually quite simple: It depends on need of paring. If the device doesn´t need pairing, it doesn´t detect. However, the device is discoverable using CoreBluetooth API and it will be visible in your app (the same API CySmart uses ;-). 

Take a look on Apple BLE Guidelines as well, there are some requirements your device needs to fullfill if you want it to use it with iOS.

0 Likes