BLE Scanning and Advertising Whitelist Questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working with Scanning and Advertising to addresses in the white list.  A lot of functionality will be handled through data provided in the advertisement packet, which, before looking into using a white list, I had solely relied on for filtering unnecessary scanned devices before invoking the rest.  I have a few questions about implementing:

1) The datasheet says there can only be up to 8 devices on the list.  In one part of the application, I want my potential max white listed devices to be 24.  Its a toggling function, so I just need to advertise just long enough for the device to get it, then it'll switch to a new data packet.  What's a good, efficient and quick, way to run through those 24 devices?

2) Is there a way to "blacklist", or a way to advertise only to addresses that, for example, only have the same 3 CompanyID bytes in their address?

Thanks for any direction anyone has.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You have to use the AddDevicetoWhitelist and RemoveDeviceFromWhitelist APIs repeatedly to achieve this. Also, it is not possible to blacklist that way.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You have to use the AddDevicetoWhitelist and RemoveDeviceFromWhitelist APIs repeatedly to achieve this. Also, it is not possible to blacklist that way.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes