USB .NET Driver for PSoC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mahec_674091
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello,

Is there a .NET driver available from Cypress that supports the PSoC 5LP family?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

What needs a PSoC5 a .NET driver for?

Bob

0 Likes
mahec_674091
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

My PSoC5 design controls several other I2C devices. Each of these devices can of course be configured using PSoC Creator.

However, I would like to be able to give my end user the flexibility to change the configuration of the device. As a result, I would like to write a software application that allows my end users to make these changes. Cypress has .NET drivers for their standalone USB controllers. This makes writing applications to control hardware over USB very convenient. However, the existing drivers do not seem to support the USB solution implemented in PSoC5.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is an USBUART component which uses on PC side an emulated com-port and on PSoC5 side the USB interface. This should be sufficient to make small adjustments as address changes etc. to the PSoC.

When in need for more, as completely re-programming the device, you may use a bootloader.

Bob

0 Likes