connect two GPIO pins internally in PSoC 4013

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Is it possible to connect two GPIO pins internally in PSoC 4013? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Kira!

You may connect two output pins to the same signal or an input connected to an output. Be aware that routing pins on a port >= 4 is not allowed.

What is the exact problem you have to solve?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob!

Thanks for your answer, I'm actually using the CY8C4013LQI-411 16-QFN which doesn't seem to have a DSI. When I connect an input to an output in the schematic, the compiler complains that it can't connect these pins together. I'm thinking that it's impossible without a DSI, am I correct?

Kind regards,
Kira

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Kira, I always used 42xx parts and was not aware that the 40xx PSoCs do not have got a port adapter or a DSI.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I did that easily using a 42xx chip, however that was not possible with the 40xx. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question, is it possible to gang bidirectional IO pins together inside the 42xx chip, so that they become electrically attached? Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Create a Project with a 42xx chip and try for yourself what exactly you want to have. When stuck, upload the workspace archive here. Takes the fewest time for us to check.

Bob

0 Likes