UART rx SetDriveMode Pull Up not allowed on 41xx ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I experience some strange behavior.

Even if I set the Drive Mode in my code, this has no effect in the output.

I need to set the Rx to enable the pull up mode as the input can be not connected.

Here is the code snip:

BOOL xMBPortSerialInit( UCHAR ucPORT, ULONG ulBaudRate, UCHAR ucDataBits, eMBParity eParity ) {     /* prevent compiler warnings because all settings are fixed in the UART Block */     (void)ucPORT;     (void)ucDataBits;     (void)eParity;     /* Oversample fixed to 8 */     uint32 divider;     divider = CYDEV_BCLK__HFCLK__HZ / 8 / ulBaudRate ;     UART_clock_SetDivider(divider);     ModBus_UART_Start();     ModBus_UART_SetCustomInterruptHandler(ModBus_RxTx_Isr);     ModBus_UART_rx_SetDriveMode(ModBus_UART_rx_DM_RES_UP);     return TRUE; }

Does anyone had this issue?

regards

Juan-Carlos

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Juan Please post you program so we can see what the issue is.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bobgoar,

I can't send you my project as it is confidential, but I can send you an program that reproduce the same behavior, the base project is from cy.wbz (https://www.element14.com/community/thread/23868/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project04-usb-uart-u...)

I just added the line enabling the Pullup resitor.

Have a look in the main:

uint8 ch;

/* Start SCB UART TX+RX operation */    
    UART_Start();
    UART_rx_SetDriveMode(UART_rx_DM_RES_UP);
    /* Transmit String through UART TX Line */
    UART_UartPutString("PULLUP ON RX USB-UART");

Regards

Juan-Carlos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some more informations: beside the fact that the input is let open, the current drain goes up to + 500uA.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump?

0 Likes