PSoC 3.3 editor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've just installed PSoC Creator 3.3 and I'm working through the Ble 101 tutorials.
The context sensitive drop-down only seems to have a sub-set of the functions available.

For instance if I enter 'CYBLE_EVT' I only get one option in the drop-down; whereas the 101 video shows at least 10 functions that fit 'CYBLE_EVT'.

I assume I have missed something; but I can't see what.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

William

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi William,

I assume you mean the auto-complete feature? I see two possible causes:

1) the header file defining those values etc. is not included

2) the auto-complete window can be configured to show either macros, non-macros or both - maybe it's set to only one of them => press 'ctrl + space' while the auto-complete listbox is opened.

A third possibility: sometimes the AC list doesn't show the macros etc, even if they're included and 'show all' is selected, caused by a preprocessor or syntax error anywhere in the affected file (in my case it was an error in a header file). It seems the code window then stops parsing the other files and therefore the list is incomplete.

Regards,

Ralf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi William,

I assume you mean the auto-complete feature? I see two possible causes:

1) the header file defining those values etc. is not included

2) the auto-complete window can be configured to show either macros, non-macros or both - maybe it's set to only one of them => press 'ctrl + space' while the auto-complete listbox is opened.

A third possibility: sometimes the AC list doesn't show the macros etc, even if they're included and 'show all' is selected, caused by a preprocessor or syntax error anywhere in the affected file (in my case it was an error in a header file). It seems the code window then stops parsing the other files and therefore the list is incomplete.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes