Need a component for Bosh BME280 humidity sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a component for Bosh BME280 humidity sensor.   Has anybody already written it?    There is a Bosh driver in C that requires a few methods to implement the I2C interface.  The Bosh code does some pretty complex math to apply calibration values so I think the component should use it.    

Also has anybody tried using a low side switch to activate and deactivate the BME280 when in circuit so you can have more than one BME280 on the same I2C bus?  The user guide says you can not use a high side switch due to the way they implemented the blocking diodes but it does not say you couldn't use a low side switch.   I may just switch over to SPI but then will have to buy new breakout boards for the BME280.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Joseph!

For the I2C access to the BME280 there is an address bit on pin 5 which allows you to select between two devices on the same bus. Could be easier than your low-side switch.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Joseph!

For the I2C access to the BME280 there is an address bit on pin 5 which allows you to select between two devices on the same bus. Could be easier than your low-side switch.

Bob

0 Likes
manusharian
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello Joseph,

I am currently trying to make the c library work with Psoc 4 i2c component. We already ported the library and use it with a stm32 microprocessor from ST. There we had more flexibility in implementing the i2c read and write functions to assign them to the bme280 structure inside the library, but the Psoc 4 functions does not use the concept of register alongside with the address.  If I will succeed  with this I will let you know, firstly I need to make the i2c functions work properly. 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
manusharian
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
    Hello Joseph,   

We manage to work with the sensor. I will attach our solution. I do not know why I cannot paste the text in the attachment .txt file here.   

Best regards!   
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Marian-Emanuel Ionascu.

Thank for your code for BME280 - I am going to try it tonight. Maybe you have moved a bit forward and already have full implementation of BME280 taking in account all calibration values? I am building Actuator for ventilation windows and gone use BME280 in conjunction with IAQ core P to acquire all necessary measurements. Initially build everything around ESP8266 but due to IAQ sensor requirement for I2C clock stretching (not supported by ESP8266) decided to assign measurement tasks to CY8CKIT. By the way BME280 module works without any issues on ESP8266 (nodemcu lua).

Please update your achievements with BME280.

Regards,

Aidas

0 Likes

Hi

would you mind sharing your psoc creator project file for this?

thank you in advance

0 Likes