Understanding logic behind Cypress Update Manager

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every now and then the Cypress Update Manager detects outdated software and offers me the choice to "update".

This works great for PSoC Programmer as when I click on "update" it then offers me an update choice when it uploads the new software.

However with PSoC Creator, when I click on the "update" option on Update Manager the default option is to remove PSoC Creator and then it closes the update manager. I am then left without any PSoC Creator software.

Am I missing something here. Surely the default option (which is not even provided) is to provide an update option.

Rather perplexed.

Opinions welcomed.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I have made similar experiences because I follow each update. Way out was to de-install Creator and re-install it. With the last two updates that problem did not pop up any more.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I checked this and the issue is not occurring. Can you please confirm?

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I have made similar experiences because I follow each update. Way out was to de-install Creator and re-install it. With the last two updates that problem did not pop up any more.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happened to me with my previous two updates, when the update manager automatically (must have a utility working in the background as no Cyrpess software was loaded at the time) sent me a notification message on my computer (Windows 7 / 10)  telling me that updated software was now available. I am currently using PSoC Creator 3.3 CP3.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I will keep an eye on this and as soon as it happens again I'll take a screenshot and cancel the update. Probably Cypress can analyze the registry or whatever causes this.

Bob

0 Likes