Resource limit error: PSoC4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I am new to PSoC, i have used UART, SPI and one timer in my project(Project attached), i am getting resource error

Error: mpr.M0014: Resource limit: Maximum number of UDB Macrocells exceeded (max=32, needed=42). (App=cydsfit)
Error: mpr.M0014: Resource limit: Maximum number of UDB Unique Pterms exceeded (max=64, needed=86). (App=cydsfit)
Error: mpr.M0014: Resource limit: Maximum number of UDB Datapath Cells exceeded (max=4, needed=5). (App=cydsfit)
Error: mpr.M0014: Resource limit: Maximum number of UDB Status Cells exceeded (max=4, needed=7). (App=cydsfit)

Note: PSoC creator3.2

Kindly help me out.

R.Kishore Kumar.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Kishore.

Best is to use SCB-based communication interfaces first. The timer can use the TCPWM component and all wil fit.

UDB based components are more flexible for routing and building own complex components. So best strategy would be to spare UDB based components as long as possible.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks bob. 1) I have used SCB based UART, it having one interrupt, how to check transmit and receive interrupts? 2) What is the difference between SCB based, UDB based component? Kishore.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

"how to check transmit and receive interrupts"

As a beginner, do not use interrupts, the component can do that for you already:

Increase the Rx and Tx buffers to something like 100

Use SpiUartGetRxBufferSize() to determine how many bytes are already received, the Tx Bytes will be sent automatically using a component internal interrupt blocking when the Tx buffer is full.

"What is the difference between SCB based, UDB based component?"

SCB is a Serial Sontrol Block that is used to build an I2C, UART, SPI  interfaces.

UDB is a Universal Digital Block from which you can build nearly anything as long as it is digital.

A UDB contains a programmable ALU, 2 FIFOs, a PLD area a, handful of registers and a programming language "VeriLog" to handle all of that. Nearly all the components for the PSoC5 are built with UDBs

Bob

0 Likes