Getting Started with EZ-BLE™ Module Code Differences

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When following this document, http://www.cypress.com/file/157791/download, it references the complete main.c file in Appendix E. However downloading the code from the AN96841 page, http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an96841-getting-started-ez-ble-module, the main.c file is different and causes errors when compiling.

The PDF document only has

#include <project.h>

while the example project has the following:

#include <project.h>

#include "ias.h"

#include "common.h"

After trying different combinations I still get a build error of undefined reference to 'Advertising_LED_Write' so I'm not sure what I really should be following at this point.

Has someone gone through this before and can let me know the proper way to "Get started"? The page states that it was updated last on June 03, 2016 but maybe someone didn't test going through the document?

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, George!

I (personally) would never trust a code snippet or project in a .pdf.

The best source for getting started I could recommend is on Creator's "Start" page. Under "Kits" you will find all the kits you have installed with code examples that run.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob. I agree, but then why have a 154 page document that steps through every aspect and getting set up and then differs from the updated code?

The PDF even goes so far as to have the following statement:

After including the above code snippets in the correct order, go to Build > Clean and Build your project to compile the firmware. Appendix E details the complete main.c firmware

Hopefully Cypress is reading this and will make corrections where needed. The project code does compile but I'll have to hook up hardware and verify that it works properly.

Thanks again,

George

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is a developer forum. The chance that Cypress reads this is there, but acting on it is not a "must". When you want to have Cypress to correct some flaws in documentation go to top of this page "Design Support -> Create a support case" and describe the bug you've found so far. Cypress is always thankful improving the documentation.

Bob

0 Likes