How refuse connecting of any unknown central out of time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have a Peripheral all time advertising, configured like this:

Discovery mode: General

Advertising type: Connectable undirected advertising

Filter policy: Scan request Any | Connect request Any

Security mode: Mode1, no security (No auth, no encry.)

I want push a button in the peripheral device and allow (during a time of 2 minutes) any unknown central can get connection.

After this time, peripheral must refuse again any unknown central except devices that got connect during de allowed time. 

How could I do this ?

Any help will be appreciated,

Asier.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Modify the Filter policy: Scan request Whitelist | Connect request Whitelist and add the MAC address of the central device which you are interested in.to the white list So other central devices will not be able scan or connect to your peripheral. If you still not able to follow, refer the Whitelist Document at PSoC 101 documents.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Modify the Filter policy: Scan request Whitelist | Connect request Whitelist and add the MAC address of the central device which you are interested in.to the white list So other central devices will not be able scan or connect to your peripheral. If you still not able to follow, refer the Whitelist Document at PSoC 101 documents.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I can't do this way. In my project any central would be able to scan and connect with peripheral but only during allowed time.

Is it possible to change Filter policy state at runtime ?

This way, peripheral would normally be at "Connect request Whitelist" mode and when pushing button permit to change Policy filter to allow connect any central and write this new central MAC to the whitelist.

What do you think ?

0 Likes