Why i  can not use capsense csd in psoc4000s?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using psoc4000s in our project developing, We need touch key,slider key,and also water level measurement function, I haved used capsense component to implement the touch key,and slider key function by refer some examples.But when i will refer to  CE202479_PSoC_4_Capacitive_Liquid_Level_Sensing for water level measurement,I find i can't use it,errs "Error in component: CapSenseCsd. The CapSense_CSD_P4_v2_20 component (CapSenseCsd) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component."

I can't find any example using CapSense for liquid measurement.so i am beated!

Any one can help me? I am appreciated all!

0 Likes
6 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Can you give us exact part number so we can see what functions your component supports.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Use the "normal" CapSense component v 3.0. It has got CSD capabilities. Probably you may export the original configuration and read it back when you placed the new one which you should rename to the original's name to avoid conflicts.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is an App note on how to do liquid level detection using Capsense.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thinks bobgoar!

thinks all! but the example you refing is just using CapSense_CSD2.4 for measuring! it not support in psoc4000s envirment,errors "Error in component: CapSenseCsd. The CapSense_CSD_P4_v2_20 component (CapSenseCsd) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component." 

thinks bob!

I am new using psoc creater.how can i export the original configuration?where can i open the component project?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

to bobgoar!

I am just refering the "CE202479_PSoC_4_Capacitive_Liquid_Level_Sensing" example,but this example is using psoc4200,but i am using psoc4000s now,when i copy the  CapSense_CSD2.4 component from the example to my project,It show errors.

0 Likes
VMED
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted
        Hi, CapSense_CSD_P4 component is not compatible with 4th generation CapSense devices like PSoC 4000S, PSoC 4100S, and PSoC Analog Coprocessor. There was a new component developed from scratch to support new features of enhanced CapSense hardware - CapSense_P4_v3_0. It is not backward compatible with CapSense_CSD_P4_v2_40 - you need to manually create button widgets, adjust customizer configuration and API calls in main.c. Fortunately there is migration guide available in CapSense_P4 component datasheet - it helps a lot!   
0 Likes