Two CSD Module Using in Same Project (CY8C4126AZI-M445)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

I would like to use two CSD modules in same project. But i took error message about Resource limit end of the building operation like attached. 4100M datasheet says : 

"Each CSD block has two IDACs which can be used for general
purposes if CapSense is not being used.(both IDACs are
available in that case) or if CapSense is used without water
tolerance (one IDAC is available). The PSoC 4100M has two
CSD blocks which can be used independently; one for
CapSense and the other for IDACs.
The two CapSense blocks are referred to as CSD0 and CSD1.
Capacitance sensing inputs on Ports 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 are
sensed by CSD0. Capacitance sensing inputs on Port 5 are
sensed by CSD1."

Do you have any IDEA ? Also, i have another dramatic information : when i try to same operation with CY8C4127AZI-M485, it can work without any error. There is a table at page 30 of datasheet. The table gives some information about IDAC and CSD capabilities. But i can not comment table and above information at same time.

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please Post your project so we can see what is going on.  It looks like you don't have a big enought part and you have exceeded your resources.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, 

Thank you for your interest. In fact , there is no spesific option for my project. Anyway, i attached it for you. Before assigning pin, when you add second CSD module, "Resource Limit Error" is shown on error screen. 

I will be waiting your valuable comments. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your selected device has got only 1 8-bit DAC which is needed for CapSense. This is the reason why you may not use two CapSense components at the same time (Which you usually do not need, one component is quite sufficient).

A tip: at the very right hand side of the Creator window is a tab named "Resource Meter". After a build you may see here what resources your chip has got and how many of them were used.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your answer. I have attached two pages of the datasheet to my this post. If you can check, you will see that there is no spesific IDAC for CY8C4126AZI-M445. There is only CSD module. 

I need second CSD module. Because ; i have 31 sensors as totally ( 21 sensors are singular, 10 sensors are for slider) and my display size is so big appro. 35cm. So, i thought reading parallel via second module can be better. 

Also, if you use one CSD module, you can not use port 5 for assigning capacitive sensor I/O. In this case , you have to assign to capacitve I/O to yellow pins. ( Please check attached screenshot) . The help file says that " Yellow with black text indicates this is a valid assigment, but there is a consequence if you select it". On the other hand, when to move capacitive sensor to yellow I/O , i give warning message :  "Function CSD.source is reachable through the analog routing fabric, but using this pin may lead to routing congestion or failure".

Could you clarify to me ? Why do i give a yellow warning message ? If assign to capsense input to yellow I/O. Has it risk ? Should i do , or should not ? 

Lastly , when i use only one CSD module , i can not see scan time at the end of the complie opeartion. Do you have any idea about it as well ? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design Support -> Create a Support Case". Describe your problem, leave a link to this thread. You will get help soon.

Bob

0 Likes